Philosophy Major Resource Center – Part 1
I have put together this resource center to help students majoring in philosophyâ€”especially those nearing graduationâ€”determine what to do with their degrees. There are five pathways I want to help you explore:
- Pursuing a graduate degree in philosophy (with the hope of becoming a college instructor).
- Pursuing a professional degree (a graduate degree that is focused on a specific profession, and that requires no specific undergraduate major to pursue).
- Pursuing full-time employment in the economy for which a BA degree in philosophy is useful.
- Pursuing a career in the performing arts.
- Becoming an entrepreneur, i.e., starting oneâ€™s own business.
In what follows, I have gathered as much useful information as I could find and linked it. I certainly donâ€™t pretend what I have found is exhaustive, and I welcome any material students and fellow instructors can send me to supplement what is here, as well as any suggestions you might offer.
I also have links to some fascinating videos, showing talks, interviews and performances by some of the famous people who studied philosophy in college.
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7